Sunday 29 April 2012

Legaston

Managed to sneak a day of sunny climbing in and happy to see people again. Legaston Quarry was the destination of the day and proved a winner! The weather probably helped too as we were treated with sunshine most of the day.

The routes here are typically not starred, with only the harder ones receiving 3 stars. Still, for an easy access crag you can't really complain, even if some bushwhacking is required to avoid walking past the cottage!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Having been out of the swing of things for a while, I wasn't feeling my best on the lead even with those shiny bolts sparkling with a voice that just says "bomber". The first F5+ presented a significant challenge to myself and my attemp was abandoned for Calum to complete, which he did in fine style.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
The "F6a" that Calum took in his stride
I have a feeling that Calum's sheer athleticism is down to his trademark food which is packed full of performance enhancing nutrients and vitamins. I think I need to jump on this band wagon if I am to succeed at any trad this summer!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
  
Stephi and Alasdair were a fitting climbing pair as not only were they both very strongly climbing the F6c missions of the crag, but also were both in possession of some outstanding head wear! 


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Overall, good routes were done by all. F6c's by Team Hat , Calum's success on a few 6a's which had me stumped. Alper and co (really sorry, I forgot your names :$) were nailing routes left, right and centre. Myself, I managed one VS in the most dreadful style ever witnessed and that was the only route out of about 4/5 I tried that I actually finished. Action for me is to get to the wall and start training for summer!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Looking for a record label.....
Click any of the photos above to be taken to the album on my site. Please look around see if you likey :D

No comments:

Post a Comment